1994 University of Colorado at Boulder, M.F.A.
1991 Iowa State University, Ames, IA, B.F.A.
Associate Professor in Sculpture Program and faculty for the Workshop for Art Research and Practice, University of Florida.
Courses : Advanced Sculpture, Graduate Sculpture Seminar, Interdisciplinary Studio, Installation and Performance, Drawing: Movement and Motion , Drawing: Form and Space, Repurposing the Wunderkammer: Taught at SA+AH and Florida Museum of Natural History, UF Summer Study Abroad in Ireland, Limerick School of Art and Design, UF Summer Study Abroad in Ireland, Burren College, and Workshop on Art Research and Practice (WARP), Lecture & Studio.
- National Academies Keck Futures Initiative Conference Exhibition: Crude Life Portable Biodiversity Museum: A citizen art and science investigation of Gulf of Mexico biodiversity after the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, NAFKI Conference 2017, with Brandon Ballengée, and Rachel Mayeri, Irvine California, Nov. 2017
- Crude Life Portable Biodiversity Museum project has already been viewed by over 2,500 people (based on our event statistics) via invited selected pop-up exhibitions and workshops at: Acadiana Center for the Arts, Lafayette LA., Louisiana Museum of Natural History, Baton Rouge, LA., Laguna Art Museum, Laguna Beach, CA., Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach, CA., Louisiana State Capital Building, Army Core of Engineers Indian Island, Bayou Nature Reserve, NUNU Collective, Studio In the Woods, Five Points Brewery, Houma Civic Center, Pointe-aux-Chenes Marina, Grand Isle Marina, LUMCON, Cypremort State Park, Eo Wilson Biophilia Center, City Park Solstice Festival, Acadiana Park Nature Station, and The Art and Science Museum.
- Theseus Wants His Boat Back (Sean Miller and Bethany Taylor), Werkstadt Gallery, Berlin, Germany, curated by Jason Benedict, June 10 – July 12, 2017.
- BroadCast 2016, Keystone Gallery at Keystone Art Space, Los Angeles, CA, curated by Kim Abeles and Ken Marchionno, September 8 – 19, 2016
- All Florida Invitational, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Boca Raton, Florida, curator: Sergio Vega, July 22 – September 25, 2016
- Augmented, Museum of Arts and Sciences, Macon, Georgia, Curator: Craig Coleman, January 22 - February 21, 2016
- Harborview Dream Registry (Sean Miller, Connie Hwang, and Jess Larson), Harborview Medical Center, Curator Peggy Weiss, Seattle, WA, June 2016
- Repurposing the Wunderkammer, (Invited) Harn Museum of Art, conceived exhibition, original works, and co-curated international artists, co-curator, Kerry Oliver-Smith, August 19th, 2014 –July 26, 2015
- Last Exit Painting, Bakehouse Art Complex, Miami, (group juried), September, 2015
- Eleven: John Erickson Museum of Art 10-year Retrospective, (Invited) Curated by Jade Dellinger and Kerry Oliver-Smith, Bob Rauschenberg Gallery, Ft. Myers Florida, May 9th-July 25, 2014 and Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, September 16th 2014 – January 4th 2015. A survey of my ongoing project involving curation and personal work including sculptures, performances, drawings, collaborations, video, and photography for the last 10 years
- Solo: Together, School of Art + Art History 50th Annual Studio Faculty Exhibition, (invited), Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, Sept. 16th –January 4th, 2015
- Ten Artists to Watch, (Group Juried), Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, juried by Holly Harrison, Los Angeles, CA, June 13th- July 6th, 2013
- CHOPSHOP #3 – RADIORADIO, (Group Invited), Pier 1218, curated by Derrick Buisch, Madison, WI, April 28th – May 26th, 2013.
- Glue, Group Traveling Invited, Downpatrick Art Centre, curated by Brendan Jamison, Belfast, Northern Ireland, April 11th-May 3rd,
- Feier Und Flame, Group Invited, HomeBase Festival, HomeBase Residency, Collaborative with Galen Olmsted, January 18-20, Berlin, Germany.
- Art Museum Dust Collection Art Multiples Produced in collaboration with Connie Hwang these multiples are a component to my ongoing Art Museum Dust Collection. The Art Museum Dust Multiples are carried in museum stores and art venues such as Printed Matter Inc. NY, NY, Contemporary Museum Baltimore, MD, Denver Art Museum, Seattle Art Museum, North Carolina Museum of Art, Walker Art Center, MN (2005-13), and Obscura Antiques & Oddities. http://shop.walkerart.org/collections/walker-products/products/walker-art-center-dust-collection-button
- Museum Grounds, Group Invited, Davis Lisboa Mini-Museum, curator by Davis Lisboa, five works including photo, sculpture, and video, solo projects and collaborations with Connie Hwang and Ben Patterson, Sept. 1- Dec. 31st, Barcelona, Spain.
- Collage Party: Our Museum Today, Two-Person, Invited, Rokulipäiviltä Festival, two-person art exhibition/workshop by Sean Miller and Bethany Taylor, sponsored by Suomi-USA Society and Nelimarkka Museum, July 6-8th, Alajarvi, Finland.
- SA+AH 47th Annual Faculty Exhibition, University Gallery, University of Florida, Gainesville. FL.
- The Museum of Miniature, Group Juried, curated by Tess Leak & Marie Brett, Skibbereen Art Festival, collaboration with artists Deirdre A Power, Paraic Leahy, and curator Annette Maloney, 28th July – 4th August 4, Skibbereen, West Cork, Co Cork., Ireland.
- WARNING! This is Contemporary Art, Group Invited, Warning Art Gallery, curators Brendan Jamison / Brian Nixon, five sculptures exhibited including collaborative works with Jim Drain, Galen Olmsted, and Low-Level Chatter Corps., Crescent Art Center, May 25th-June 17th, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- MUSEUM SHOW, Arnolfini Art Center, Bristol U.K. and Davis Museum, Barcelona, Spain, Sept. 24- Nov. 19th 2011. A show-within-a-show curated by Davis Lisboa, at the Davis Museum in Barcelona, Spain. It was included in a larger exhibition, Museum Show at the Arnolfini, in Bristol, UK, September 24th-November 19th, 2011.
- SOIL Hoedown and Annual Auction, SOIL Gallery, Seattle Washington, October 21st, 2011.
- SA+AH 46th Annual Studio Faculty Exhibition, University Gallery, University of Florida, Aug. 30-Oct. 3, 2011.
- Museum All-Over/Museo Ovunque, Raccolte Frugone Museum, Nervi, Italy, June 5th- August 26th, 2010.
- Small Wonder, Golden Thread Gallery, Belfast, Northern Ireland, June 3-17, 2010.
- Group Show, UnimediaModern, Genoa, Italy, June 5th- June 30th, 2010.
- ArtExchange, ARTspace, College Art Association, CAA Chicago, Feb. 11, 2013.
- More Than, Key Tower Gallery, Curator: Blake Haygood, June-0ct. 2009, Seattle, WA.
- Merge Visual (Catalogue), Museum of Arts and Sciences, Curator: Craig Coleman, JEMA with Connie Hwang and Kelly Cobb, Art Museum Dust Collection Montage, Kristin Lucas, Outside, Macon, GA, September, 2008.
- John Erickson Museum of Art Public Forum Project, Golden Thread Gallery and Flax Art Studios, with Gregory Green and Yoko Ono, Belfast N. Ireland, April 2008.
- Online Exhibition @ C-MT.tv http://www.c-m.tv/ , Curator by Jack Stenner, JEMA included for website, website by Marcia Lyons, Nov. 2008. Marcia Lyons, Director Digital Media Design, Victoria University of Wellington, (New Zealand).
- RASSEGNA DELL'ACQUA-La Chiena, 2008, Spazio Utopia Contemporary Art, JEMA with LuLu LoLo, Sculpting and Collecting Campagna Connie Hwang, Art Museum Dust Collection Montage, Campagna, Italy, July 15–August 16, 2008.
- Cottage Industry, (Catalogue), Contemporary Museum, Baltimore, curated by Kristin Chambers and Irene Hofman, Baltimore, MD., May 31 - August 24th, 2008.
- On Procession (Catalogue), Indianapolis Museum of Art, curated by Deitch Projects/Rebecca Uchill, Indianapolis, May 2nd-August 10, 2008.
- 44th Annual University of Florida Faculty Exhibition, Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL., August, 2006.
- Stammtisch. Suchtrupp. Gartenarbeit., ACC Galerie, (Letters to the Outside), JEMA Archive, and JEMA Mailroom for Kristin Lucas's Outside public forum project, Weimar, Germany, March 29–May 18, 2008.
- Packed, University Gallery, Stetson University, Stetson Deland, Florida, February-March, 2008.
- Deitch Projects Art Parade, Deitch Projects, JEMA in collaboration with Arnold Mesches, John Kieltyka, Saya Moriyasu, and Sean Taylor, New York, NY, Sept. 8, 2007.
- Guest Curator, Schalter Gallery, with John Feodorov, dead houses, Berlin, Germany, July 13-August 11, 2007.
- On the Outside, ACC Galerie, JEMA Letters to the Outside and Outside Accession Kits, in collaboration with Kristin Lucas, an exhibition and public forum project, for the ACC Galerie Weimar/the City of Weimar, Germany, April - June, 2007.
- Das Kleinkunstlabyrinth, ACC Galerie, Outside: Public Forum Discussion and Performance, collaboration w/ Kristin Lucas, Weimar, Germany, May 20, 2007.
- Outside, Fotothek (Art Space), Photos and Letters to the Outside: Interactive Public Performance, Collaboration with Kristin Lucas, Weimar, Germany, May 18, 2007.
- 100 Paces, National Museum of Ireland, Collins Barracks, performance and exhibition in collaboration with Sean Taylor’s 100 Paces. site-specific performance event, Dublin, Ireland, February 24, 2007.
- Annual University of Florida Faculty Exhibition, University Gallery, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. August, 2007.
- John Erickson Museum of Art (collaboration with Saya Moriyasu’s audience), Aqua Art Fair, SOIL Gallery, curator Jess Van Nostrand, Miami, FL, Dec., 2006.
- John Erickson Museum of Art (collaboration with Bethany Taylor’s “Emissions & Remissions”), Ice Box Gallery, Tacoma, WA, curator Eugene Parnell, October, 2006.
- John Erickson Museum of Art, Urban Institute of Contemporary Art, Portal Space, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Undercover: An Exhibition of Artists Books, Urban Institute of Contemporary Art, Grand Rapids, MI., Dec. 2005-Feb. 2006.
- 42nd Annual University of Florida Faculty Exhibition, University Gallery, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. August, 2006.
- Mercer University Faculty Exhibition, Hardman Hall Gallery, In collaboration with Craig Coleman, Mercer University, Macon, GA.
- SOIL Turns 10, SOIL Gallery, Seattle, WA. Oct. 2005,
- Evicted, Howard House, (in collaboration with Mark T. Miller), Seattle, WA, Oct. 2005.
- Sites, Investigations, and Re-enactments, Limerick City Gallery, Limerick, Ireland. Cultural Exchange Exhibition, Curators Matthew Lennon, Sean Miller, and Sean Taylor.
- Dust Harvest, Solo Performance, Nelimarkka Museum, (performance and exhibition of works), July 24, Alajarvi, Finland.
- Art Museum Dust Acquisitions: Points of Access and Departure, City Reliquary Museum at the Knitting Factory, Collector’s Night, Brooklyn, New York, Oct. 21, 2010.
- Paper Piece at JEMA, Raccolte Frugone Museum, Performance with Fluxus Artist Ben Patterson, Nervi, Italy, June 5th, 2010.
- Art Museum Dust Collection, UnimediaModern Gallery, (Museum Performance Interventions w/LuLu LoLo), Curator: Caterina Gualco, intervention at Villa Croce Museo d'Arte Contemporanea, Museo di Strada Nuova, Museo di Nervi, Galleria d’Arte Moderna, Genoa, and UnimediaModern Gallery, Genoa, Italy, March 11-15, 2009.
- JEMA Annex Belfast: Performance/Intervention (with members of Flax Art Studios and students from Ulster University), Ulster University, Belfast, N. Ireland, March 9th, 2009.
BROADCAST, TV, FILM, and RADIO
- Regan Hutchins, Interview “Museum of Miniature”, RTÉ – lyric fm – Culture File, Ireland National Public Radio, 28th July – 4th, August, 2012, (interview regarding exhibition and John Erickson Museum of Art with curators Tess Leak & Marie Brett). http://culturefilepod.tumblr.com/post/26842958809/the-curators-of-the-skibbereen-museum-of Bronagh Lawson, Interview, Creative Change Northern Ireland, May 30th, Creative Stories - PART 81 – 25052012, 2012 (video Interview). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN979YT7OwY
- Jon Thompson, "News: Warning Arts Opens in Crescent Arts Centre: Belfast Raises the bar on culture" ViewTV, May 28, 2012 (video of artwork).
- Davis Lisboa, Video featuring art and performative objects, produced by Davis Museum, August 29th, 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj02IzeJKAI&list=UUbXxZjaLAxuRZ544vFSRhAQ
- Oddities, Season 2: the Horaffe, Science Channel, Saturday May 21st, 2011 at 10PM and ongoing repeat episodes. http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/oddities/videos/oddities-the-horaffe.htm
- Eric Jensen, Mad Homes, KOMO TV News, by Arts and Culture segment includes my commentary voiceover concerning Seattle Site-Specific Public Art project “Mad Homes”, 4PM, Monday, Monday, August 1st, 2011. http://capitolhill.komonews.com/news/arts-culture/watch-inside-mad-homes/656842
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Docville International Documentary Film Festival, Leuven, Belgium, April 29 – May 7, 2011. Film includes documentation of John Erickson Museum, Documentation of Art, Performance, Collaboration, and interview with Gregory Green (Free State of Caroline Project) and Sean Miller (JEMA). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdeuBG2H9Ww
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, CBC Television, Documentary Channel, October 22, 8PM, 2010.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Miami International Film Festival, Miami Florida, March 6th, 9th, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Docville International Documentary Film Festival, Leuven, Belgium, April 29 – May 7, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Sidney International Film Festival, Sidney, Australia, June 8 - 19, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Available Light Film Festival 2011, Whitehorse, Canada, February 7 - 13, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures, Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, 30th Istanbul International Film Festival, Istanbul, Turkey, April 2nd – 14th, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Minneapolis Saint Paul International Film Festival, Minneapolis, MN, April 14 – May 5, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, The School of Art and Art History, College of the Arts, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Flyway Film Festival, Pepin, WI, October 20 – 23, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Traverse City Film Festival, Traverse City, MI, July 26 – 31, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, IFCenter, International Film Center, (as part of the “Stranger Than Fiction” series curated by Thom Powers), New York, NY, October 18, 2011.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, Toronto International Film Festival, Toronto Canada, September 12, 14, 2010.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, DOK Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany, November 18 -24, 2010.
- How to Start Your Own Country, Director Jody Shapiro, Everyday Pictures Inc., Canadian Broadcast Corporation, 90-minute film documentary, The 24th International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands, November 17 -28, 2010.
- Maria Flora Giubilei/Raccolte Frugone/Genoa Municipality, "Museum: all-over" / "Museo: ovunque", exhibition video produced for exhibition, August 25th, 2010. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ODeYQBgpZ
- Katie Larmour, Interview, “In Conversation with Sean Miller and Gregory Green” (20 minutes), Northern Ireland, May 22nd, 2008” NVTV Northern Visions Media Centre, April 21, 2008. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBgP1jQRrg
- ArtStar Episode: “Six in the City” Reality Television, Gallery HD, Dish Network (2008). http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/16946/artstar-a-deitch-project-for-the-television-masses/
SELECTED ARTICLES / REVIEWS
- J.D. Talasek, "Crude Life", Issues: In Science and Technology, Pgs. 66-71, Winter, 2018
- John Thomason, "All Florida" Returns With a Bang, Boca Magazine Online, July 29th, 2016
- John Thomason, "All Florida All Stars”, Boca Magazine, June/July Issue, Pg. 92-99, July, 2016
- Galen Olmsted, Review: “Repurposing the Wunderkammer at the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art,” Art Papers, March/April Issue, 2015.
Raise Clavijo, Repurposing the Wunderkammer: a Conversation with Sean Miller, Art Districts No.36, June-July, 2015.
- Chase Westfall, “Wunderkammers for the 21st Century”, Burnaway, Feb. 10, 2014
- Tom Hall, “JEMA 10 Years Retrospective,” Art Districts, Issue No. 29, Pgs. 20-23, Apr.-May, 2014. <http://artdistricts.com/jema-10-years-retrospective/>
- Megan Voeller, “JEMA Museum-en-Valise Travels to Ft. Myers,” Burnaway, July 24, 2014. <http://burnaway.org/sean-millers-museum-en-valise-ft-myers/>
- Charles Runnells, “Mini museum comes to Rauschenberg Gallery,” News-Press, May 16, 2014. <http://www.news-press.com/story/entertainment/2014/05/16/mini-museum-comes-rauschenberg-gallery/9132771/>
- Danny Olda, Physically Small, “Conceptually Large: JEMA Retrospective at Bob Rauschenberg Gallery,” Art at Bay, May 14th, 2014. < http://www.artatbay.com/2014/05/12/physically-small-conceptually-large-jema-retrospective-at-bob-rauschenberg-gallery/>
- Tom Hall, ArtSWFL.com, From May 6th – July 26th, 2014, Hall wrote a series of 13 articles on Eleven: John Erickson Museum of Art 10-year retrospective for ArtSWFL.com, <http://www.artswfl.com/local-art-stops/museums-art-centers/bob-rauchenburg-gallery/eleven-the-john-erickson-museum-of-art-retrospective/eleven-the-john-erickson-museum-of-art-retrospective/> : “JEMA retrospective…”, July 26th, “Sean Miller ‘Art Museum Dust Collection’ reason for seeing…”, ArtSWFL.com, July 23rd, “JEMA’s Tea Makipaa compresses reality…”, July 14th, “Bollywood, object of Ben Patterson’s desire or derision?”, June 22nd, “Patterson’s ‘Paper Piece’ is part art, part music…”, June 21st, “Making sense of Ben Patterson’s…”, June 30th , “Ben Patterson to discuss Fluxus movement in Edison State …”, June 17th, “Jack Massing JEMA gallery in a bottle…”, May 21, “Conceptual artist Yoko Ono enjoys second solo show…”, May 18, “Like pollution, JEMA’s ‘Emissions & Remissions’ cannot be contained…”, May 8, “Oliver Herring performance piece steals show…”, May 13, “Location variable, JEMA frees avant-garde artists to explore…”, May 8, “John Erickson Museum of Art 10-year retrospective opens May 9 at Bob Rauschenberg Gallery”, 2014.
- Lauren Walter, “Repurposing the Wunderkammer,” Muse Magazine, Pg. 16, Spring 2014.
- Lorre Hoffman, “CLICK! Interview with Interventionist Artist Sean Miller,” Wyoming Arts Council Blog, March 26th, 2014. < http://wyoarts.state.wy.us/click-interview-interventionist-artist-sean-miller/>
- Alissa Ambrose, “Photos of Museums’ Tiniest Features,” CBS NEWS online, U.S. News, Slideshows, May 28th, 2013. <http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-201_162-10016975.html>
- Amanda Gorence, “Microscopic Photos of Dust Collected From the World’s Best Museums,” Feature Shoot, May 23rd, 2013. <http://www.featureshoot.com/2013/05/microscopic-photos-of-dust-collected-from-the-worlds-best-art-museums/>
- “Re-Territorialization #3, CHOPSHOP #3 – RADIORADIO at Pier 1218,” Spackle Madison Blog, May 8th, 2013.< http://spacklemadison.com/re-territorialization-3-chopshop-3-radioradio-at-pier-1218/>
- Angela Reid, “GLUE: International Collage Exhibition: Downpatrick, Northern Ireland,” Worldwide Review, April 21, 2013. <http://www.worldwidereview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88599>
- Joanne Fleming, Glue: new exhibition at Down Arts Centre, Down Recorder, Downpatrick, Northern Ireland, Wednesday 24 April 2013, p. 40,
- Stephanie Cash, “BURNAWAY’s BEST: Who and What to Keep an Eye On in 2014,” BURNAWAY, Jan. 14, 2013
- Sabrina Lehtomaa, “Dust to Rainbow,” SUOMI-USA, March Issue, 2012, color photos, p. 38-39 (monthly magazine in Finland, review/interview, color photos of art).
- Minna Hironen, “Antaa Polyn Laskeutua,” Ilkka, July 25, 2012, p. 1 and p. 18 (major regional newspaper in Finland review with multiple color photos of art).
- Sabrina Lehtomaa, “Taide-elämyksiä Rokulipäiviltä,” Järvi-Pohjanmaan Torstai, July 5, 2012, no. 27, p. 9 (community weekly paper color photos of art).
- Tammy Moore, “Art Review: Warning! This is Contemporary Art,“ Culture Northern Ireland,
- (review with photo color photo of art), June 7th, 2012.
- Anne Hailes, “Shocking New Art Exhibition,” The Irish News, Belfast, May 31st, 2012, p. 36 (review with color photo of art).
- Martin Hearty, “Warning! Not for the faint hearted,” Newry Democrat, Northern Ireland, May 22, 2012, p. 24.
- Cynthia Fuchs, “How to Start Your Own Country” Review, Pop Matters, Cynthia Fuchs is Pop Matters Film/TV Editor, review includes my quote, discussion of collaborative work with Gregory Green, and my image in performance documentation, 18 October 2011. Pop Matters was founded by Sarah Zupko, (previously established the Cultural Studies academic resource site, PopCultures). In the fall of 2005, monthly readership exceeded one million. http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/150087-how-to-start-your-own-country/
- Amruta Slee. “Flag of Convenience”, Qantas: the Australian Way, (Qantas inflight magazine), Travel News Section, pg. 33.,Sidney, Australia, June, 2011.
- Bas, Borja. “Run Your Own Country”, El Pais, elpais.com, April 15, 2011. <http://www.elpais.com/articulo/portada/Monta/Propio/pais/elepucul/20110415elptenpor_5/Tes>
- “Alle Raccolte Frugone “Museum: all-over” con Sean Miller ed il progetto Jema, Cultura & Spettaculo, Citta di Genova, Genova online city paper, July 7, 2010.
- “Museum: all-over”/ Sean Miller e JEMA”, Citta di Genova, Genova Online City Paper, Genova, Italy, July 6, 2010.
- Dave Schlenker, “Florida installation makes huge presence at Appleton”, Gainesville Sun, June 10, 2010.
- Donna G. “TIFF 2010 Review #: How to Start Your Own Country, Pink Saris”, The More the Merrier (TmTm) Arts Radio, tmtmshow.blogspot.com, September 6, 2010.
- La Performance: Polvere da museo nell’arte minima (photo), Il Secolo XIX, Genoa, Italy, p. 34 March 12th, 2009.
- On Procession (Catalogue), Edited by Rebecca Uchill, essays by Fritz Haeg and Nato Thompson, , published by Indianapolis Museum of Art, p. 32-33, 2009.
- Chewed, Digested, Shat, Flushed: Bush, USA Today Blog, 01/20/2009 11:51 PM, & The Stranger SLOG (Seattle Weekly Paper/Blog), Seattle, WA., posted by JEN GRAVES (Art Writer/The Stranger) JAN 20, 2009, at 4:51 PM. <http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/Sean+Miller/0c8J1T063qaxS/0>
- Tyler Green, "Cottage Industry: John Erickson Museum of Art", Modern Art Notes, Art Journal Blog, July 21, 2008.<http://www.artsjournal.com/man/2008/07/for_decades_artists_have_had.html>
- Frank Motz, ACC Galerie Catalogue, Weimar, Germany, pgs. 375-377, 1988-2011 catalogue. Text and Images: Director's Notes, JEMA Files, and Letters to the Outside in support of Kristin Lucas and her search for "the Outside" (2008).
- Sales Figures, City Paper, (photo), Baltimore, MD., by Martin L. Johnson, Page 1C, July 2, 2008.
- Big Girls...,Baltimore Sun, by Laura Vozella, July 1, 2008.
- Artists Taking Care of Business, Baltimore Sun, by Alex Plimack, Saturday, May 31, 2008.
- Critic’s Pick, City Paper, Baltimore, MD. by Lee Gardener, May 28th, 2008.
- Art In Motion, Indianapolis Star, by Conrad Marshall, Arts and Entertainment, Pg. 11, April 27th, 2008.
- Sean Miller: Director of JEMA, Guest Blogger for Indianapolis Museum of Art IMA Blog, Entry written in collaboration with IMA Curator Rebecca Uchill, May 18th, 2008. <http://www.imamuseum.org/blog/tag/art-parade/>
- JEMA on Yoko Ono’s Website IMAGINE PEACE, May 2008, <http://www.imaginepeace.com/JEMA08.html>
- Art 'packs' heat in Stetson gallery show, Daytona Beach News-Journal, by Laura Stewart, February 15, 2008.
- American Corporate Identity 2008, Art Museum Dust Collection Dust Button Packaging, Design by Connie Hwang, by David E. Carter, published by Harper Design International, Nov., 2007.
- The Creative Spirit, Strolls Through SoHo With Its Fringe Flying, The New York Times, Art Review/Art Parade, by Holland Carter, New York, NY, Sept. 10, 2007.
- Irish Public Art Practice, Public Art Review, Issue 37, by Annette Moloney, pg. 39, fall/winter, 2007.
- Two Things on Ice, The Volcano, (Tacoma Weekly), article w/ photo, by Alec Clayton, Tacoma, WA, Nov. 2,2006.
- Art Studios, Art Access, by Alec Clayton, Oct., 2006.
- WARPED Perspective, Florida, News for Alumni and Friends of the University of Florida, by J. Feingold and H. Cristensen. pp. 10-13, Fall 2006.
- Hot Pick, Seattle Times, By Sheila Farr, February 17, 2006.
- Obras de John Erickson Museum of Art se exhiben en la gallería de UICA, El Vocero, by Martin Felizardo, 1-20-2006.
- This Weekend Art Belongs to Melrose, Gainesville Sun, by Michelle Benatti, August 6th, 2004.
- Seeking the City’s Soul, Gainesville Sun, by Greg Bruno, April 1, 2004.
Cover image for Subtropics magazine, UF College of English, Dec. 2016
Repurposing the Wunderkammer: Building a New Space for Art and Science, self-published catalogue for exhibition at the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art. This 2015 hardback book features writing by Sean Miller, Brandon Ballengée, Galen Olmsted, Chase Westfall, and a conversation with celebrated author Lawrence Weschler. Includes art by the Art Guys, Kim Abeles, Jason Merrill Benedict, Mark Dion, Katerie Gladdys, Dana Levy, Tea Mäkipää, Sean Miller, Eugene Parnell, Ben Patterson, Softday, Sergio Vega, and Andrew Yang. Book design by Connie Hwang.
- Inquiry Based Collaborative Learning: The Workshop for Art Research and Practice at the University of Florida, (co-authored w/ B. Taylor), Future Forward, Volume 1, Issue 2, Manifestos & Manifestations, Integrative Teaching International, March 2011, p. 48-61.
- Art Museum Dust Collection: Wearing Away Museum Grounds—Dust Bunnies, White Lies, and New Measures, Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture, co-authored by Kelly Cobb and Sean Miller, Volume 8, Number 3, November 2010, pp. 286-303(18).
- Soil Seattle’s Artist-Run Gallery 1995-2005,Particles of Soil, contributing writer, essay, exhibition descriptions, numerous photo-credits, and documentation of curation and artworks, 2005.
- John Erickson Museum of Art, Founder and Curator, Location Variable Museum project, see: < http://www.jema.us>.
- The Appleton Biennial 2010: Florida Installation Art, Juror, The Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala, FL., June 12-Aug. 15, 2010. Catalogue produced.
- Packed, University Gallery, Stetson University, Stetson Deland, Florida, February-March, 2008.
- Sites, Investigations, and Re-enactments, Limerick City Gallery, Limerick, Ireland. Exchange Exhibition with Ireland, Co-Curator: Matthew Lennon, Sean Miller, and Sean Taylor.
- Nelimarkka Museum Residency, Alajarvi, Finland, June-July, 2012.
- Flax Art Studios, Belfast, Northern Ireland, April, 2008.
NAFKI: Keck Futures Initiative, Co-Principle Investigator: Crude Life: A citizen art and science investigation of Gulf of Mexico biodiversity after the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill – Grant for $100,000, 2016. This interdisciplinary art and science project will gather data on endemic fishes affected by the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The project will raise public awareness of local species, ecosystems, and regional environmental challenges through community “citizen science” surveys and a portable art-science museum of Gulf biodiversity. Principle Investigators: Brandon Ballengée and Prosanta Chakrabarty, Louisiana State University Co-P-I’s: Sean Miller, University of Florida, Rachel Mayeri, Harvey Mudd College, Lise M. Frandsen, Autogena, Sheffield Hallam University (UK), Jöelle Bitton, Harvard University
Creative Catalyst Fund Grant Application: “Re-Purposing the Wunderkammer: Interdisciplinary Collaboration w/ Florida Museum of Natural History”, with Assistant Professor Stuart McDaniel, Biology Department, Creative Campus Fund, awarded $15,000, 2013. Project components include:
- Original work produced for the FLMNH
- A special topics course taught at the FLMNH
- A lecture series featuring artists from around the U.S.
- An international exhibition featuring artists working between the realms of science and art.
- Co-presenter, Crude Life Portable Biodiversity Museum Presentation, Acadiana Art Center, Acadiana, LA, Jan. 13, 2018
- Co-presenter, Crude Life Portable Biodiversity Museum Presentation, Distinctive Voices Lecture Series, public lecture organized by J.D. Talasek and Cultural Programs of the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Sciences, Beckman Center of National Academy of Sciences, Irvine California, Nov. 7, 2017. < https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkCPev8wDM>
- Co-presenter, Crude Life Portable Biodiversity Museum Presentation, Aquarium of the Pacific, lecture for staff, Long Beach, California, Nov. 6, 2017
Visiting artist, Mildred’s Lane, organized by J. Morgan Puett, invited - public lecture, July 17, 2017
Panelist, Crude Life Portable Biodiversity Museum Discussion, NAFKI Mid-Cycle Grant Meeting, National Academy of Sciences Keck initiative Meeting, at La Laboratoire, Cambridge, MA, July 12, 2017.
- Panelist, “Repurposing the Wunderkammer” exhibition panel discussion, Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, Harn Auditorium: Jamie Gillooly, Katerie Gladdys, Stuart McDaniel, Sean Miller, Kerry Oliver-Smith, and Sergio Vega., March 28th, 2015.
- “John Erickson Museum of Art 10-year Retrospective,” Public Lecture and Gallery Talk, Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, Harn Museum, Nov. 8th, 2014.
- Panelist, “John Erickson Museum of Art 10-year Retrospective Panel Discussion Public Lecture” with Jade Dellinger, Gregory Green, Jack Massing (Art Guys), Sean Miller, Dan Stepp, and Bethany Taylor, Rush Library Auditorium, Edison State College, May 9th, 2014.
- Keynote Speaker, CLICK! Conference, Lander, Wyoming, sponsored by Wyoming Arts Council, April 3-6th, 2014.
- Foundations in Art Theory and Education Conference, Savannah, GA, 2013, “In Good Company: WARP Sells Out and Challenges Students to Buy In,” Session: “Students Take the Lead, Empowering Students Through Mentoring and Learning Communities,” Session Chairs: Gail Simpson and Chase Westfall, April 5, 2013.
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, October 19-21, 2012. Illustrated Lecture about work and studio visits.
- Harborview Medical Center, Artist-In-Residence Presentation/Site Visit, Invited, curator Peggy Weiss, Seattle, WA., April 2012.
- University of South Florida, Tampa, FL., Visiting Artist - Invited, Lecture April 7, 2011.
- University of Minnesota Morris, Morris, MN., Visiting Artist (Invited), Lecture March 2, 2010.
- San Jose State University, San Jose CA., Visiting Artist (Invited), Lecture February 22, 2010.
- City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA., Visiting Artist (Invited), Lecture February 24, 2010.
- Savannah College of Art and Design, FATE, ‘Flexible Foundations: Teaching “Artists” not “Art”’, Paper Co-Presented with Bethany Taylor, (FATE) Foundations in Art Theory and Education, Southeast Regional Conference, “Re-envisioning Foundations: Identity and Purpose,” May 1, 2010.
- CAA ArtSpace Panel, “Meta-Mentors DIY”, JEMA on panel with Bertran Projects, Industry of the Ordinary, Mess Hall,
- Temporary Services, College Art Association, Chicago, IL., 2010.
- Istituto di Storia dell'Arte of the University, Genoa, Italy, Visiting Artist - Invited, co-presentation with LuLu LoLo, lecture/performance to fourth year students and faculty, Genoa, Italy, March 13th, 2009.
- Ulster University, Visiting Artist - Invited, Illustrated lecture, WARP/Personal work, Belfast, Northern Ireland, March 6, 2009.
- Glasgow School of Art, Visiting Artist - Invited, co-presentation with Bethany Taylor, illustrated lecture, Glasgow Scotland, May 2008.
- Golden Tread Gallery, Gallery Talk Personal Work with Flaxart Studios, Illustrated Lecture, Belfast, Northern Ireland, April 6, 2008.
- ACC Galerie, Weimar, Germany, Mobilmachung eines Suchtrupps, co-presentation, illustrated lecture with
- Kristin Lucas concerning Public Forum Project, Weimar, Germany, May 17, 2007.
- Limerick School of Art and Design, Limerick, Ireland, Visiting Artist, Illustrated Lecture/studio visits, Feb. 22, 2007.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Visiting Artist, illustrated lecture and studio visits, Feb. 2007.
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA. , Guest Speaker, Illustrated Lecture, Oct. 2006.
- NAEA Conference, Chicago, Barriers and Bridges: Transitioning Students to the College Art Experience, Illustrated Lecture, March 23, 2006.
- CAA Conference, FATE Session, The Importance of Nonsense to a Studio Art Curriculum, Boston, 2006.